>> Thursday, February 4, 2016
I have been supply teaching more and, in between preparing projects and posts for other places, I've been quilting my Halloween 1904 quilt by Blackbird Designs.
I finished quilting two of the blocks on the bottom panel of my quilt including my first pumpkin block!
I quilted around the pumpkin, star and leaves with a brown Aurifil thread.
This has been an ongoing UFO for several years! If you've followed along (thanks!) you would know that my initial quilting plan was to quilt each block individually - attaching the borders to the outside blocks- then sew them together. The side column you can see here is all quilted. I finally finished sewing the back seam between one set of those blocks this week.
I recently put the rest of the need-to-be-quilted blocks together into two panels. This bottom panel is the one I am working on quilting now. It fits beautifully through the harp space of the machine I am currently reviewing - you'll get to read that later this month! It has definitely upgraded the quilting experience for me.
I can't wait to get home tonight and quilt some more!
Linking up my progress in two places today -