Lucky Border Treatment

>> Saturday, July 31, 2010




While sewing on the border to my Season of Grace BOM quilt top, I found a hole. A hole that a button could fit through! I was almost at the point of sewing the border onto the top when I discovered it.

I stopped. I cut the material 1/2 inch past the hole. I was using 2 strips of the fabric sewn together so the vertical pattern would go down the side of the quilt. Emilie recommended in her instructions to leave your border strip long and cut it off once you were done attaching it.

I rarely follow this advice. But this time, I did.

This picture shows how close to the adjoining strips the hole was located. I unpicked the strips, sewed them back together and then stitched the border onto the quilt.

This is how much extra I had when I was done.

Thanks Emilie for saving my border!
No holes were found in the second stretch of border.




Quilt top finished!

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Denise :) July 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Yay! Good save and nice finish! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP